A few days ago I’ve bought a LG Watch Urbane from the Google Store since it seemed to me the very first “elegant” wear device.
I really like old fashioned wrist watches so I waited for something similar to be on the market before getting a Wear device.
Unfortunately, being it a relatively new device, there aren’t many informations on the web on how to root it, so I started asking for infos on XDA and finally, with the help of suzook and suljo94 I’ve managed to do it.
Apparently, almost the same procedure of the LG G Watch R applies, but in order to make it work on the Urbane I needed different files, namely:
- The specific TWRP recovery image for this device. download
- The Wear version of the SuperSU update zip. download
These are the simple steps to follow in order to root the LG Watch Urbane:
- Connect your device to the USB port of your computer ( I take for granted you have adb and fastboot installed ).
- Enable the developer menu, going into Settings -> Informations and tapping on the “Build” entry for 7 times.
- Go to the unlocked Developer Options settings menu and enable ADB Debugging.
- Unplug the device and plug it back, it should ask you if you want to allow your computer to connect to it, of course, allow it.
- Now open a terminal, and execute adb reboot bootloader to get into the bootloader.
- To unlock it, execute fastboot oem unlock ( This will wipe your device data! ).
- Setup the wiped device, and execute steps from 1 to 4 again.
- Again, adb reboot bootloader.
- Flash the TWRP image by issuing fastboot flash recovery twrp-184.108.40.206-bass.img ( make sure you have the img file in the same folder you’re working in ).
- Now copy the SuperSU zip archive adb push Wear-SuperSU-v2.40.zip /sdcard/.
- Start the TWRP recover by executing adb reboot recovery.
- Use the Install option, select the zip file of SuperSU and flash it ( do not enable signature verification or the whole process will fail! ).
- Reboot your device and you’re ready to go, enjoy the root ^_^