Tonight my brain decided, instead of sleeping (why even bother trying, right?), to start a new short adventure in the Bluetooth Low Energy world. I’m a happy Crafty vaporizer owner and as I discovered by chance, I can access it using my laptop.
I love coffee, that’s a fact, and I drink liters of it during the week … I also am a nerd and a hacker, so a few days ago I bought a Smarter Coffee machine on Amazon, basically a coffee machine that you can control over your home wifi network using a mobile application ( both for Android and iOS ).
The app is really nice: you can set the amount of cups you want, the strength of the coffee, etc, then you only need to press a button and wait for your delicious coffee to be brewed.
Since I work from home, most of the times I’m using the computer keyboard, not a smartphone, therefore I wanted/needed a console client for it, something that the vendor never released, so I started reversing the Android application in order to understand the communication protocol and write my own client implementation … guess what? :D
Yep, i can make coffee using the terminal now :D
The last week I’ve been visiting my friend and colleque Ziggy in Tel Aviv which gave me something I’ve been waiting for almost a year, a brand new BladeRF x40, a low-cost USB 3.0 Software Defined Radio working in full-duplex, meaning that it can transmit and receive at the same time ( while for instance the HackRF is only half-duplex ).
In this blog post I’m going to explain how to create a portable GSM BTS which can be used either to create a private ( and vendor free! ) GSM network or for GSM active tapping/interception/hijacking … yes, with some (relatively) cheap electronic equipment you can basically build something very similar to what the governments are using from years to perform GSM interception.
I’m not writing this post to help script kiddies breaking the law, my point is that GSM is broken by design and it’s about time vendors do something about it considering how much we’re paying for their services.
Recently I’ve been playing with Android’s WebView based vulnerabilities, focusing on how to exploit them using a MITM attack.
Four months passed since my first blog post about bettercap, a lot of fixes have been released and a lot of new features have been implemented.
In this post I’d like to talk about some of these new features and describe them a little bit, this is basically a big changelog since the very first version, for a complete list of code changes you can read the releases github page.